One of the most popular questions I receive from customers is: “what should I stock in my pantry?” Although everyone has their favorite condiments, spices and herbs, I believe there is a hit list of items every road-tripper who plans to cook should have on hand once the rubber hits the road.
- Sea Salt (or iodized, if you prefer)
- Peppermill with fresh Black Peppercorns
- Head of Garlic
- Olive Oil (extra virgin, cold pressed)
- Vinegar (a good red wine vinegar will do just about anything)
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (Yes, Simon & Garfunkel knew what they were talking about)
Spices: (Never leave home without ‘em)
- Red Chile Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
With these ingredients, you can make just about anything your heart desires. If you feel like there’s something missing on the list, give us a shout. We want to hear!
Follow Regency RV’s blog for our new “Recipes from the Road” coming soon! You can also join us for our regular “Destination Regency” where we seek out the best routes of travel, ideal places to stay, things to do and the best off-the-beaten-path eateries along the way. Happy trails!